Graffiti Manners

I wish I had more photos of this process's evolution. You see, an individual or a group has taken to writing the word "love" in different ways, in different places, all over Mission Hill. Given the fading on some of the sites I suspect different people have picked up the can to continue the tradition and that it is not just one person, but I do not know for sure. While the idea of an unspoken trend of picking the graffiti "love" torch could serve as a blog subject a second occurrence caught my attention. It seems that none of the "loves" have been touched, that it, painted or written over by other artists except one. Why? Here's my theory, the only "love" to be written over was in a spot when it was placed over another writers piece. This has resulted in graffiti over graffiti over graffiti over graffiti. There was an original piece of graffiti, a long loosely rendered cartoon-esque face. This was sprayed over by a heart. The heart was then sprayed over by a 666 and what was to me an indecipherable symbol. This was then covered over by more paint to fill in the heart. None of the other "loves" in the neighborhood have been touched. This leads me to believe that the "beef" wasn't with the love but with the fact that whoever wrote it decided to place it over another piece.


- Alexis Brinkman

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment