State of Anonymity

While watching the Ravens game with my family on Thanksgiving, I saw a creative State Farm commercial that I felt really relates to what we've talked about with urban isolation. The commercials bears the title "State of Anonymity," and shows a plethora of different troubles different urbanites face in their lives in the city. What caught my attention was the exploration of the differences between this "anonymity" and the "personal service" of the company advertised. I'm posting a link to the video so you can see what I'm talking about. Also note the use of the Cheers theme song. This song is directly related (listen to the lyrics as you watch) and subtly related, as it represents Cheers, a small, home-y haven in the middle of a big city. A place "where everybody knows your name." A place where you are no longer anonymous, no longer isolated, but home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epmehHteODU

-- Jillian

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment