Daniel Hewes- Those who benefit




I chose a sticker that I think had a lot of meaning behind it. It was of a sneaker with the Nike swoosh piercing through the character inside the shoe. I think it represents our society's over consumption of brands and labels, and our downfall because of it. But I also think that the meaning is 2 fold. One, that theres a level of desire for the brands for those who are economically not well off. The less they have, the more they want items that represent more affluent types. The other side, which I chose to capture in my image are those who reap the benefits of the consumption of all these goods. Theres massive wealth and money for those who gain from society's consumer culture.

It was hard to capture wealth is a single shot so I decided to venture over to Beacon Hill's Louisburg Square, where some of the wealthiest residents live. The square is lined with townhouses and mansions and is quite beautiful. I placed the sticker on the street sign, as a contrast between the exclusive address and those who benefit and the downfall of our culture caused by mass consumption.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment