Five Pointz


One of my friends is from Long Island, New York and when she told be about Five Pointz it reminded me of our graffiti discussions.  Five Pointz is a collage of graffiti art covering a converted warehouse of artist studios.  The graffiti spans from ground level to on the roof and is done by novice to well-known graffiti artists.  The building owners encourage this graffiti art but all artists must have a permit to paint and be granted permission by the building owner.  Also, in order to photograph the art, one must have a permit as well, however, my friend took these pictures when she visited and I found them on her Facebook.  Five Pointz is located in the Queens and my friend said it is a common place for young people to photograph their cars in an entirely artistic urban setting.  

-Katie








  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment