Occupy Boston Protest

On October 5th, Bill, Alexis, and I participated in the OccupyNU event that eventually joined up with the Occupy Boston movement currently camped out in Dewey Square. If there were other members of the class there and I did not see you, thanks for coming out and voicing your support of this grassroots movement! Later that night at SASA (Sociology & Anthropology Student Association), we had a fascinating discussion about the validity of protest methods such as the ones used by Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Boston and whether or not they have the capacity of enacting long-term change. While I personally don't have any clear answers to this questions, I think that the rally that took place at Northeastern and still continues to take place across the country is a great way to start a conversation about some of the most serious issues plaguing our nation's economy today. Below I've included some pictures that I took of the event.









- Erin

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment